Berkshire Corporate Training Services (BCTS) Leadership Development Programmes help you set goals and visions. Accepting a management position makes you a manager but becoming a leader is much more difficult. It involves setting the right goals, communicating ideas, and delivering results. A leader must be able to prudently influence and inspire others to execute a plan. Organisations and individuals respond to well-articulated visions that are strategic, persuasive, and measurable.
Our Leadership Development Programmes delve into effective decision-making processes, power and influence, altering behaviours, recasting mind-sets, organisational change, personal negotiation styles, and investing in and managing relationships for greater impact.
Coaching: A Strategic Tool for Effective Leadership
Are you achieving the results you desire from your coaching and mentoring?
This course walks you through a variety of coaching tools, techniques and best practices including analysing the cause of sub-par performance, creating a climate for effective coaching and learning, giving corrective feedback and handling challenging responses to coaching.
- Review ten critical coaching skills
- Determine how to use coaching as an employee retention tool
- Explore the root causes of performance problems
- Demonstrate how to tailor coaching to different types of people
- Apply effective techniques for dealing with negative responses
- Develop influencing techniques
- Identify how emotions and feeling can lead to biased decisions and opinions
- Develop skills to reinforce behaviour and motivate others
- Learn to listen with an empathetic ear and encourage open, two-way communication
- Understand your role as leader and coach
- Reflect upon your own skills and behaviour and how they influence your coaching abilities
- Improved communications
- Build more effective teams
- Hands-on activities to engage participants in demonstrating skills
- Individual coaching and feedback from an expert practitioner
- Job aid(s) and tip sheets to take back to the workplace
- Role play to practice techniques and behaviours in a safe environment
- Self-assessment for insight into individual behaviour and how you work with others
- Simulation activities to help transfer learned skills and behaviour to the working world
|COACHING: A STRATEGIC TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
Course Fee Includes:
- Intensive Training Workshop
- Field Visits
- Lively programme of flexible, accompanied social activities
- Pre-course information & welcome pack on arrival
- Daily business lunch
- One full day London Underground pass, from Reading to all London zones
- Free airport transfer to Heathrow Airport.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, project managers and team leaders.