The original plan was to create 4,000 jobs in western Turkey

The original plan was to create 4,000 jobs in western Turkey

But now the only way is to give players a little longer time off. Even if the preparation for the Donetsk game will be shorter, “said Glasner.

Around three months after the start of the strong Corona restrictions in production, short-time working in the German Volkswagen plants has come to an end. From Wednesday (July 1st) the shift schedules should be fully staffed again. The company announced this on Tuesday. At some locations and in some areas, the employees had been back in action for a long time. Now the full volume of work will be restored for the core brand VW, light commercial vehicles and the internal supplier division.

This involves the headquarters in Wolfsburg and the plants in Braunschweig, Chemnitz, Emden, Hanover, Kassel, Osnabrück and Salzgitter. In Dresden and Zwickau they were already fully working again. After the temporary closure of production in the first acute phase of the Corona crisis, VW had registered short-time work in many places. In Germany, production capacities are now used to 75 to 95 percent.

Recently, the weak demand – in addition to cut supply chains, a main problem facing the auto industry in the pandemic – has developed better again, it said. This is also due to the opening of the dealer branches and the company’s own sales program. “Since an assessment of the further development of the situation remains difficult, however, we continue to monitor this very closely in order to be able to react as required,” said HR manager Arne Meiswinkel.

The footballers of VfL Wolfsburg showed no nakedness in the last game of the season in the Bundesliga. Bayer Leverkusen were clearly defeated 5-0 (3-0) on Sunday. This meant that the wolfs remained undefeated in only two draws, and they also have an impressive goal difference of 93: 8.

After the game, VfL picked up the championship trophy and the medals in the presence of DFB vice-president women’s football, Hannelore Ratzeburg. The fourth championship in a row had already been set for two weeks. “The team did a very, very good job. It is of course nice that you can stretch your bowl up after a lot of sweat and hard work,” said captain Alexandra Popp.

Even against Leverkusen, the team of coach Stephan Lerch left no doubt about its superiority. Zsanett Jakabfi (16th), Popp (20th) and Fridolina Rolfö (41st) set the course for success before the break. Substitutes Ingrid Syrstad Engen (66th) and Pernille Harder (78th) increased in the second half. For Harder it was goal number 27 of the season. She received the top scorer’s cannon after the final whistle as the best Bundesliga shooter.

Next Saturday, VfL has the chance to perfect the fourth double in a row. In Cologne, the team around selection captain Popp will meet SGS Essen in the DFB Cup final. Then the players go on vacation before preparations for the Champions League blitz tournament in Spain begin. In the quarter-finals, VfL will meet Glasgow City on August 21 from 6:00 p.m. in San Sebastián. In the event of progress, the winners of the game Atlético Madrid against FC Barcelona will again be waiting for the Wolfsburg women in the semifinals on August 25 from 8:00 p.m. in San Sebastián. The final will be played in San Sebastián on August 30th.

VfL Wolfsburg has signed national soccer player Kathrin Hendrich from Bayern Munich. The 28-year-old will be transferring to the German champions for the coming season and will receive a contract until June 30, 2022. The defensive player, who was born in Belgium and has Belgian citizenship as well as German, has played in the Bundesliga 212 times so far and also has experience from 26 Champions League games.

“I am very happy that an experienced defender will strengthen us in Kathy”, VfL coach Stephan Lerch was quoted in a club announcement on Wednesday. “With her speed and her strength in duels, she will be just as enriching for us as with her great character.” After Pauline Bremer, Katarzyna Kiedrzynek and Lena Oberdorf, Hendrich is already the fourth commitment of the series champion and DFB Cup finalist.community service thesis statement

Madelen Janogy, however, will no longer appear for Lower Saxony. The contractual relationship with the 24-year-old Swedish national player, which actually existed until the summer of 2021, was terminated “by mutual agreement”, according to the club.

Janogy had only switched to the Wolfsburg team in winter and had recently been back home for health reasons. “We wish Madelen all the best in terms of health and very much hope that she can now fully devote herself to her recovery,” said Wolfsburg’s sporting director Ralf Kellermann.

The VW group stops plans to build a new plant in Turkey. “The background to this is the collapse in global demand for automobiles caused by the Corona crisis,” the company said in Wolfsburg on Wednesday. The project for the factory in Manisa near Izmir was actually as good as decided, but had recently been put on hold. The trade journal “Automobilwoche” had previously reported on the cancellation.

After initial delays, Volkswagen initially wanted to make a decision by the turn of the year 2019/2020. It had been said several times that they were in “final” talks. The company has also already founded a Turkish subsidiary. The company was entered in the commercial register and provided with a capital equivalent to around 164 million US dollars.

The original plan was to create 4,000 jobs in western Turkey. However, Volkswagen was also more cautious after criticism of Turkish politics in northern Syria and the human rights situation in the country had risen.

From today’s perspective, however, the development of additional capacities is not necessary, said a group spokesman. Under the conditions before Corona, the new plant should serve future growth, especially in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Now all planned vehicle projects are to be manufactured within the existing network at production sites.

Before the pandemic, the group wanted to create new capacities for the Passat and the Superb of the sister brand Skoda. Up to 300,000 cars were to roll off the assembly line in a new multi-brand plant every year.

No new entrants from outside, better management inside: Volkswagen wants to save even more on personnel without jeopardizing the conversion to e-mobility and digitization. “Due to corona and liquidity security, the board of directors is stopping hiring at least until the end of the year,” said works council chief Bernd Osterloh of the VW company newspaper “Mitbestimmen”. “I think that puts pressure on an issue that we urgently need: transformation. We have to think about what is essential.” The new brand boss Ralf Brandstätter pointed out the weak business: “That’s why we decided not to get any new people on board for the time being.”

The manager, who had replaced CEO Herbert Diess as head of the VW main brand on July 1, emphasized that the employment guarantee would continue to apply until 2029. By temporarily avoiding external new hires, however, clearer priorities for human resources would now be sought – and also a better balance between the elimination of old and the creation of new jobs.

Osterloh admitted: “We haven’t invested enough time in the subject of transformation.” Now VW is at a new point: “To say that one no longer hires externally leads, of course, to having to think more about how I can develop employees further.”

According to Brandstätter, the car manufacturer has to be careful: “It is really important to turn over every euro before we spend it – and to work with absolute cost discipline. (…) The company is in a really difficult situation.” It is important to “continuously take along” the workforce. A spokesman said there was no additional staff increase – new hires were limited “to an absolute minimum”. Apprentices are excluded from this. At the same time, internal further qualifications will be expanded.

The auto industry is under pressure from consumer reluctance. The warehouses are full, and it is difficult to sell finished models. “Corona will continue to demand a lot from us – that is what I should pay attention to,” said Brandstätter. Diess sees slight signs of improvement, but the financial losses have remained enormous for the time being. “We have a recovery that is still far from the pre-crisis level,” he said in a discussion at the auditing and consulting firm PwC.

VW is also feeling a lively order intake in the mass business. But the financial situation is tense. “We are losing substance,” said Diess. For the current year one initially calculated with up to 10 billion euros in used liquidity reserves.

According to Osterloh’s assessment, the VW Group – the largest car group in the world – is “of course not likely to reach 11 million vehicles again this year and noticeably lose it in the brand”. In the “Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung” and “Braunschweiger Zeitung” the works council chief spoke of a realistic annual production of a little more than half a million cars in the main plant. Originally, around 700,000 vehicles should have been manufactured in Wolfsburg.

Osterloh reiterated demands that the headquarters need another model. He also worries about suppliers. After the end of the short-time work, there could be “brutal findings”: “If key suppliers are insolvent and have to be wound up, we may not get any more parts.” Brandstätter said of the workload: “We want to find an optimal solution for all plants.”

Recently there had been a heated argument about management communication regarding the slow start of the Golf 8. Many employees felt left alone. The conflict had risen so much that Diess had to explain to the supervisory board about the technology and software problems. Osterloh warned: “We have to say more honestly internally what is not going and where we are not yet at the level we actually want. That is also a management task.”

He had been tough on Diess because of its management style. Most recently, Osterloh backed the CEO in a survey by investors. According to the analysis of a financial service provider, he had promised him the “full support of the trade unions” and emphasized that IG Metall and management matched the strategy. The “Wirtschaftswoche” had previously reported on it.

Brandstätter said of consultations with IG Metall shop stewards: “That was a good meeting.” He acknowledged that the workforce had a say. “We have to resolve issues together in the interests of the company and then communicate them clearly to the workforce. Codetermination and intensive dialogue with the works council are part of Volkswagen like the Beetle, the Golf and the VW Currywurst.”

After their heated argument, which is said to have almost culminated in the dismissal of the CEO, VW CEO Herbert Diess and works council boss Bernd Osterloh approached each other again. At the same time, however, Diess’ successor in the management of the Volkswagen core brand, Ralf Brandstätter, has to get the workforce in the mood for further savings.

Osterloh tackled Diess hard in the spring because of his management style and technical problems with the new Golf. Now he stood behind the CEO in a survey by investors. He had promised Diess the “full support of the unions” and emphasized that IG Metall and management were in full agreement on strategic issues, according to a report by a financial services provider recently. The Golf 8 and the ID.3 e-car are now “on track”.

One of the most important goals of Diess is a higher return. Brandstätter also made it clear that in view of the Corona crisis, spending must continue to decrease. “The current situation requires absolute cost discipline from all of us,” the manager wrote to the workforce. “Financial stability is the top priority.”

At the end of May, the trust body management of the German plants had emphasized in an open letter that they were “massively concerned” about the impression that VW was making. Diess recently wrote on the online network LinkedIn: “We want to lead the group successfully into e-mobility together and we agree that we have already positioned ourselves well, but of course we have not yet reached our goal.” He had previously admitted: “I understand that we have a lot of unrest and, of course, questions and some fears in the system. We have to go into more dialogue.”

The CEO had to apologize to the supervisory board for statements at a management conference. In connection with press reports on sensitive internal matters, he had accused members of the internal control committee, on which Osterloh also sits, of criminal offenses.

In the VW Group, a large-scale personnel change brings new top managers to the top of the commercial vehicle division. At first glance, the most prominent losers: Andreas Renschler, head of Traton’s listed truck and bus business, and Joachim Drees, CEO of the Munich subsidiary MAN. Both should resign in the coming week. As Volkswagen and several of the group’s brands announced on Tuesday evening, the decisions will involve further exchanges and expansions.

Matthias Gründler will be the new CEO of Traton – he had already been with the company until May 2018, most recently as Chief Financial Officer. And MAN will in future be managed by the previous VW core brand production director, Andreas Tostmann, who is therefore also a member of the Traton board.

MAN’s head of personnel, Carsten Intra, will also manage the light VW commercial vehicles (VWN) in Hanover. Group HR Director Gunnar Kilian will also take over responsibility for Traton on the Wolfsburg Board of Management of the entire group instead of Renschler – the previous Traton boss also had his own position here.

Personnel raids that have been planned well in advance and that have been pulled on numerous strings are nothing unusual in the world’s largest car company. For example, there had been a number of changes in the realignment of the car brands. The fact that Renschler’s departure should now take place within a week of the official announcement is considered to be relatively surprising.